What they do
- Back proposals for up to 50 investigative reporting projects per year.
General advice for winning a grant
- All applications are reviewed by a board of 12 experienced investigative journalists , so make sure your proposal is geared towards producing an “investigative” story.
- Is your proposed story groundbreaking? If you’re reporting on something that others have already written about extensively, how are you approaching the theme in a new way?
- Make sure your proposed investigation is doable, and make your case for why you are the best person to do it.
You’re a good fit if....
- While investigative stories are challenging to produce, emerging and early-career journalists are encouraged to apply.