What they do:
- Group reporting trips (up to 10-12 people). IRP plans all logistics of the trip, including flights, hotels, and interviews.
- Independent reporting trips.
General advice for winning a grant
- IRP only offers independent grants that cover a certain theme. Currently, it’s women and LGBT issues.
- If at first you don’t succeed, apply again! IRP is a small organization and they tend to remember strong proposals from previous applicants. This is another reason why, if your proposal isn’t accepted the first time, you should react graciously.
You're a good fit if...
- Groups trips are best if you haven’t done any foreign reporting before, but are looking to get a feel for it.
- Experienced journalists are encouraged to apply for independent reporting trips.